There are several great advantages for the laser welded sharp corner tubes compared to SR-Profiles:
- There is absolute material choice liberty: S235; S355 or various kind of stainless or even duplex steels can be used to produce the section.
- No compromises and higher price being obliged to use the next bigger size for being on the safe side.
- One can structurally optimize the section sizing the profile to its optimized width and depth, as well as choosing for each side of the RHS the appropriate material thickness, reducing weight.
- Any glazing system can be used, as the section is produced with the width requested. Not limited to 60mm.
- The sections are produced project related and therefore the bar’s length is according to the project’s specification.
- Choose the right weld penetration for correct structural demands combined with minimal deformation.
Montanstahl is able to supply customised sharp corner tubes in laser welded execution, made on purpose for your needs. These sections are an extremely elegant solution to steel-glass façades with large glass elements and sharp separation between light and shadow.
Have a Look at some examples of impressive façades made with our laser welded sharp corner tubes in laser welded execution like the EHL-Campus in Lausanne, Switzerland; the Cube-Berlin, in Berlin, Germany; the Culture House in Hamar, Norway; the Marie Elisabeth Lüders Haus in Berlin, Germany.